lean, mean and green.

1.20.2012

So I've jumped on the bandwagon and started making green smoothies for breakfast. This definitely consisted of some trial and error. First, I tried a broccoli and fruit mix...ew. Then I tried a spinach and fruit mix... double ew. I was about to give up until I heard of Greens+ (aka Greens Plus). It is a super food supplement rich in chlorophyll. You can purchase it on line or at any Wholefoods. The mix is still pretty dang "earthy" tasting, but it makes the best green smoothies and I've noticed a change in my skin and hair. Super fab! I recently bought the Wild Berry Burst flavor, which has added antioxidants, and I really love the mix. Each can contains a 30 day supplement, but I only use half a scoop instead of a full, a full scoop is just a little too potent for my taste buds!




Every morning I make the same smoothie in a Magic Bullet. The Magic Bullet offers just the right portion:

0.5 Cup of non-fat (or sugar free) vanilla yogurt.
1 Cup of raspberries or blackberries (try and stay away from strawberries because of their sugar content).
1 Tbs of agave nectar.
1.5 Cups of carrot juice (or however much it take to fill up the remaining space in the blender).
0.5 Scoops of Greens+.

I should note now that I have made up these measurements. I actually measure by eye, not by utensil.

I encourage you to try it! You can buy single packs so you don't have to commit to an entire can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger