weekend wrap up.

8.20.2013

This past weekend was quite a whirl wind. We went to the Willamette Country Music Festival with family and friends, where we drank too much, slept very little and listened to good music for three whole days.

I think Lakai was right in his element. That boy has far more country in him than I thought. He loved being able to pee outside, stay up late, eat crap food and head bob to blaring tunes, not to mention he didn't have to bathe for far longer than I prefer.

So that there beer in my hand is by far one of the best brews I've had. If you like lighter beers you must try Grapefruit Schofferhofer. Du-freaking-licious!

Does it get more hillbilly than this over sized chairs? I think not. #honeyishrunkthekids
This show stopper made us many friends. Booze and Mega Jenga went hand in hand this weekend. Our camp happened to be right at the entrance on the festival, and as people walked by they would stop to get a kick out of our drunken strategy (well actually Ryan and my old man's drunken strategy).

Lakai mooched this kick-ass cowboy hat out of my dad and wore the damn thing all weekend. It was totally appropriate for the occasion and he had lots of folks saying, "right on" as he walked by. 

The only way he could see the concerts was if Ry held him up. Man oh man did Lakai loooove himself some Carrie Underwood. As we were walking back to camp the conversation went as follows:

Lakai: Mom, does that girl have a house?
Me: I'm sure she does.
Lakai: Can we go over there some day to hang out?
Me: Why?
Lakai: Because she has a really pretty face. 
Me: Uh, Oh.

She made a surprise appearance the next night with Brad Paisley and that kid lit up like a damn Christmas tree. 
It was great weekend and I know Lakai had a blast running a muck. Clearly by the end we were all running on fumes. I'm most certain it was worth it though and we will be heading back next year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger