the boy in denial.

8.15.2012

Lakai is in denial... plain and simple.

A few days ago I asked Ryan to pull the bins of Lakai's old clothes from out of the garage. He's such a champ and I didn't even have to ask twice. Now that's a good man right there. Well, Lakai and I decided to sort through the bins last night and this is what happened...
Those swim trunks are a size six months. He is in denial of how big he actually is. As soon as he saw the trucks I couldn't get his hands off them. He HAD to put them on. The funny thing is, my three year old did it... he got them on. It was a tight squeeze, but he did it. I could not convince him to take them off though and by the end of the night he decided maybe those small shorts weren't his brightest idea. He had red undie indentations on his scrawny little hips.

He was quite the helper though and I think he even got excited that if he has a baby brother, his little bro will get to wear some of his old clothes. It was nice spending that time talking to him and explaining that he used to be itty bitty. We held up some of his old clothes to him (like the outfit we planned on taking him home in until he pooed in it) and my heart melted. I still can't believe how big Lakai has gotten, or that in a few short months we will have another itty bitty.

We find out Friday whether Lakai will have a little sister or little brother and the anticipation is just about killing me. I've have two dreams about the sex. In one we were having a boy and in the other we were having a girl. Basically I still have not an inkling as to what we are having, although Ryan is royally convinced he'll have a princess (I'm not so sure about that).

So for now, we will keep waiting. Be looking here on Friday for the official word :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I am beyond thrilled for you:) What a stud!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger