dear lleyton.

9.03.2013

My Sweet Little Llyeton,

I hate admitting this, but you just aren't so little anymore.

The past few weeks I have been telling everyone that I think you may be getting a little tooth. I've rubbed you cute little gums many times and I know I've felt that bump growing. But you never seemed like you were teething, and after weeks, a tooth hadn't appeared. I still was convinced it was coming though, and last night I saw it. That adorable little white gem, peeping out just beneath the last thin layer of gums.

You just aren't so little anymore. You don't know how much I'll miss your sweet, gummy smile. It isn't just your smile changing though... You climb. You climb on everything. You are walking around furniture. You make a squishy face that is to die for. You say "mama" and "dada" ("dada" much more). You observe the world in a way I've never seen. You truly take things in. You are sleeping in your own bed, and although I miss you tender little body next to mine at night, I know you need this sleep to grow even more.

It breaks my heart knowing you're my last little. As I felt your sweet kicks in my belly months ago I imagined holding you and watching you grow, and I just don't feel ready. If I could stop time for you and Lakai I would. Just so I could hold you in this moment a little longer and savor every ounce of your littleness, because you just aren't so little anymore.

Love you for always,
Momma

1 comment:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger