seven down... one to go.

8.01.2012


Ryan and I have dated for over seven years (okay, maybe not consistently, but let's not be too critical here). We have experienced so much, so when he asked me to marry him and we discussed wedding dates, we thought, "Hey, what's one more year?" The wedding will be August 2013 and I couldn't be more excited. Thus far, venue shopping hasn't been quite as easy as I assumed it to be, but I know our day will be amazing because we will have two little munchkins, our family and our friends there by our sides.

Thankfully, photographer shopping was much easier. We were recommended Aimee by a sweet friend. Aimee just so happened to be photographing their wedding also (and it was beautiful).

A couple weeks ago Ry, Kai and I met with Aimee for family and engagement pictures. I was a little worried because the weather wasn't so amazing, Kai is going through a "silly, can't take one serious picture" stage, and I (this is going to sound vain, I know) didn't want to look chubby due to my preggoness. With the exception of my hair that wanted to curl in the humidity, we were fortunate. Kai was amazing. He loved being in the pictures with Ryan and I, in fact we couldn't get him out of the pictures so we could get some shots alone. Aimee was incredible and so patient and kind with Lakai. She would make silly faces at him and ask him to "come find her eye in the lens," so that he would step away from mommy and daddy for 6.78 seconds so she could snap a shot.

What I loved most about Aimee is that she truly captured our personalities, especially Lakai's. She captured his goofy smiles, his wonder for the world and, my favorite, his tender, loving spirit. I melted when I saw the preview. I'm so glad we get to work with her. Aimee will hopefully be coming with us to the hospital to capture the delivery of our sweet bundle of joy come winter! :)

If you are in the Vancouver/Portland area, I highly recommend her. Aimee is more that accommodating and so, so wonderful. Did I mention how much we loved her? Click here to visit her site and see all her amazing work!





























1 comment:

  1. Tristin, those are absolutely beautiful photos! Congratulations on your beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger