and so it begins... Lakai is a kindergartener.

9.03.2014


This morning Lleyton woke up extra early, sobbing in his crib. As I went to grab him, I saw Lakai strolling out of his room with groggy eyes. He came right over with a smile on his face and said, "It's okay buddy," and gave him a little smooch. Then we all went and cuddled up daddy in bed. If that wasn't Heaven on Earth then I don't know what is.

Fast forward a couple hours and Lakai is sitting at the table, shoveling pancakes in his mouth to make sure he doesn't miss the bus (which doesn't happen to leave for another 45 minutes). He woke up with so much enthusiasm. I woke up dreading this day.

Lakai is in Kindergarten. Is this real life. How did this happen so quickly? It was just yesterday that I was trying to soak up every once of his swollen, fresh little face at the hospital. I felt so ready for him to go, up until early this morning. I feel like this is the first step towards independence and I just don't feel ready for it. I know he will be okay. I know he will have friends aplenty. I know he will run into my arms and tell me all about his day. I know he will thirst to learn and go to school with an eager heart.

But I also know kids can sometimes be cruel and he will have a hurt heart. I know the bubble we have him in will slowly shrink and he will be exposed to some of the negativity in the world. I know school may not come easy and learning may be hard. I'm just praying that God will guide Ryan and I as we embark on this new adventure.

Lakai,

Please never forget how smart and kind you are. Keep a hunger for knowledge and embrace everyone around you. Remember we are always thinking of you when you are scared and that we will always be waiting for you with open arms, ready to hear all about your daily adventure. Above all, never forget how loved you are and how much support you have in daddy and me. We love you all around the earth, up to the sky, as many trees as there are planted and as many super heroes as you can imagine.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger